This first vase isn't really a potpourri vase, but I added some essential oils to it, and now it works great to help keep the bathroom smelling fresh. The theme in our bathroom is fish, so the design for this vase was "undersea." First, I used colored ModPodge to make the vase various "fish" or undersea colors. Then I glued little colored glass pieces to the outside to make it look like coral or undersea plants. Moss and other little fillers were added to the inside, along with lights and also fish and shell beads. A few fish and shell beads were sprinkled on the top. It came out neat, but I wasn't able to get really good pictures, so here are just a couple. The first picture shows the project in progress. The second picture shows the vase with lights on.
For Christy's room, I made a potpourri vase to keep her room smelling fresh and nice. The top of the vase was painted with green ModPodge and the bottom with blue. Potpourri and lights were added inside, and it was ready to go!
Finally, there is this vase in Mom's room. I didn't do much with this one except to add the potpourri and lights. The glass was already blue. Mom added the doily to the top and also put one underneath.
The theme for my room is butterflies. I even have a butterfly blanket on my bed. :-)
The first project was a colored lights butterfly picture. This was made using an old clock frame. First I took out the clock "fixins" and then painted the glass with pink ModPodge. Next I glued the glass gemstones on in their butterfly design. A piece of quilt batting was cut to fit the back and then it was painted with green sparkle paint. The Christmas lights were placed behind the quilt batting. It was Mom's idea to outline the butterfly so that it would show up better. This is really cheery in my room.
Lastly I made this decoration with a glass butterfly someone sent me. The butterfly had been broken on one wing and then glued. This showed, but I just took some gold glitter paint and made three stripes on each wing of the butterfly, one of the stripes following the line of the crack. This covered up the crack. Then I wrapped all around the center with gold pipe cleaner for the body. The head is made from a green bead, and another piece of gold pipe cleaner was used for the antennae. Now it is ready to add cheer to my wall! :-)