Consider these facts about an unborn baby
1. At 6 weeks, an unborn baby already has brain waves
2. At 8 weeks, the baby’s heart is beating
3. At 11 weeks, all of its organ systems are functioning
4. At 14 weeks, the baby has all the necessary parts to experience pain, including the nerves and spinal cord
5. At 19 weeks, the baby can be viable outside the womb*
The Bible says, “For thou hast possessed my reins: thou hast covered me in my mother's womb. I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well. My substance was not hid from thee, when I was made in secret, and curiously wrought in the lowest parts of the earth. Thine eyes did see my substance, yet being unperfect; and in thy book all my members were written, which in continuance were fashioned, when as yet there was none of them.” (Psalm 139:13-16)
Thank You, God, that you never take an unborn baby lightly. It is a beautiful life being created by you.
*Information from “When Does Life Begin?” brochure by NRLC.
You can visit http://www.nrlc.org/ to read “Diary of an Unborn Baby” and watch an 1 minute video about the development of a baby in the womb.