This project has been a long time in the making. It was more involved than I had anticipated, but I like the final results. Each color had to dry before I added the next color (except for the pink and red). The first picture shows the plate face down. The second picture shows the plate face up. In the second picture, you can see how the blue tinted Mod Podge came out wavy. Was so excited that it turned out that way. The plate has some little defects, so I will probably keep it for one of my display items.
Orange and Purple Polka Dot Candle Holder
This was a quick project, but I think it turned out cute. First I took some very strong bonding glue dots and applied the gold and purple cording around the middle of the container. I put some rubber bands on it to hold them firmly in place and let it set overnight. The warning on the glue dots said, "Do not touch glue dots with fingers," and that was a good warning. Those were some strong glue dots.
The next day I mixed some orange paint and some purple paint with some Mod Podge. Using the end of a small dowel rod, I applied the paint as polka dots around the bottom of the jar and then around the top.
I have also started on this mystery project. Here are a few pictures for teasers. Hoping to have this one ready to share next week.
I ordered some flower ring blanks from Amazon a while back and finally now started to use them. They take a little longer to do than the nail polish on glass gem rings, but they are prettier, although I did have a hard time getting good pictures. Both glass seed beads and acrylic faceted beads were used to make these rings. They are shiny and sparkly in the center and the ring blank is kind of a bronze color with a pretty flower design. The green one on the left in the picture below has a clear pink butterfly on top of green glass seed beads.
And that's all for today folks! Hope you enjoyed. Please come back soon!