Crochet Star Flower Shawl
The beautiful yarn used in this shawl is Red Heart Boutique Unforgettable. WalMart had it on clearance for $2.50 a skein, so I grabbed a couple. It is easy to work with, but it is hard to take out if a mistake is made. It just seems to stick together or something after it is stitched in. The stitch I used is a lace flower crochet stitch, pretty but very, very simple.
The shawl will be entered into the fair later this year, and then I plan to send it to a special friend after that.
Here is a closeup of the stitch.
I tried making a pompom edging on it using a youtube tutorial for a guide, but it didn't quite come out like the edging in the tutorial. :-) I was still happy with it though. It still looked nice and went well with the lacy stitch of the shawl.
This is the tutorial I used for making the lacy star flower stitch. As mentioned above, the stitch is very, very simple.
Teddy Bear Baby Set
This was a bit more challenging than the shawl, but it was fun. First I made the hat using this youtube video tutorial. After I made the hat, I thought a whole set would look quite cute. The stitch in the hat is an fcr shell stitch. I looked and looked for a tutorial using that kind of a shell stitch in a blanket but there wasn't one, so I tried to see if I could just figure out how to do it. It ended up being pretty easy and quick to work up.
Next I did the booties. Booties aren't my favorite thing to do, but the set needed some booties. These are just simple, basic booties although the fcr shell stitch was incorporated into them as well. I decided to take the easy way with the booties and just added little teddy bear buttons. These buttons came from the sewing section in WalMart. Cost was $1.97 for 5 buttons, so there are three buttons left for another project.
Lastly, the blanket needed a teddy bear applique. So, I looked around the internet at pictures until I found one that looked simple enough to use as a guide. That worked up pretty quickly. The harder part was attaching it to the blanket. That was done today and then the yarn ends of the blanket were tucked in. And, the set was finished. All ready now to enter into the fair later this year!